RE-ELECT ROGER CHAMBERLAIN FOR SENATE DISTRICT 36 ON NOVEMBER 8th
As a Minnesota State Senator, Roger Chamberlain has fought tirelessly for the people of Senate District 36. Roger has supported law enforcement and will continue to pursue the safety of his constituents if reelected. He has made improvements in education by putting students and families first so that a good education isn’t just for the well-off and every student has the best teachers available.
WHO IS ROGER CHAMBERLAIN?
HE SERVED IN THE UNITED STATES NAVY AND AS A MEDIC IN THE MINNESOTA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD.
"After years of military service, he received a degree in law enforcement and a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Metropolitan State University. His career was as a finance professional working in taxes, advising in construction and financial services. Currently, he enjoys being a self-employed handyman (https://rogerchamberlainmn.com)."
IN THE MINNESOTA STATE SENATE HE CURRENTLY SERVE ON THE FOLLOWING LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEES:
- Chair, Education Finance & Politics
- Energy & Utilities Policy & Finance
- Property Taxes
- Previous Chair, Taxes
ROGER CHAMBERLAIN'S LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES:
FUNDING SCHOOLS AND IMPROVING LEARNING
"We put billions of dollars in new resources directly into the classroom. We also provided money for critical school needs such as expanded school readiness and special education."
FAMILIES FIRST BY LOWERING COSTS
"As chair of the Tax Committee, I am proud of the historic financial relief we’ve provided to communities, schools, parents, local businesses, farmers, parents, young families, middle-income workers, and seniors over the last four years."
ACCESS, TRANSPARENCY, AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN HEALTH CARE
"We delivered on our promise to fix MNSure and reduce health care costs. Minnesotans now enjoy the lowest health insurance premiums in the nation thanks to our reinsurance program."
MAKING ROADS AND BRIDGES A PRIORITY
"Senate Republicans made the largest investment in rebuilding roads and bridges across Minnesota since 2008 and fixed the disastrous MNLARS licensing system."
ROGER CHAMBERLAIN'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN OFFICE
- Banned companies from using the cancer-causing chemical TCE in manufacturing processes (Water Gremlin)
- Continued bipartisan work on dyslexia and literacy. Passed evidence-based reading and screening requirements to help students with dyslexia and required the Department of Education to hire a dyslexia specialist to advise schools and teachers on best practices
- Improvements to the Hugo Short Line rail line to create 500 new jobs and benefit the surrounding community
- Eliminated the ridiculous requirement that kids get a permit to operate a lemonade or other small food stands